Training & Publications
Here are some of my writings and interviews:
- WordPress SEO Success, a book and e-book authored by Jake Aull, published by Pearson-Prentice Hall, to come out April 2014 | http://amzn.to/1d7bVAQ
- “Social Media and the Three-Legged Elephant”
- Georgia State University Robinson College of Business State of Business Magazine Fall 2011 | http://bit.ly/19XOY0C
- “How I Got into the Business” | Oz Magazine |
- Dec-Jan 2013-2014 | http://bit.ly/1drnuTt
- “Georgia Apparel Shops Sprouting Online” (interview) |
- Atlanta Business Chronicle | Oct. 5, 2012 | http://bit.ly/18A3yLo
- “Social Media Etiquette in the Digital Age” (interview) |
- Georgia State University The Signal Newspaper |
- Nov 7, 2013 (interview) | http://bit.ly/18T0kZg
- “The Viral Green: The IT Industry and Green Web Marketing”
- April 2009 | Academia.edu | http://bit.ly/rdbUX2
- Instructors Manual, Social Media Marketing text book | Pearson/Prentice Hall | 2012 | http://amzn.to/1drobfy
- Speaking presentations available on: http://slideshare.net/jakeaull
- “Digital Marketing Savvy for Non-Profits”
- ezine articles | October 2011 | http://bit.ly/qS20Sg
- “What’s so valuable about mobile geo-local marketing?”
- GoArticles.com | September 2011 | http://bit.ly/nZmPot
- “10 Notes on Social Media Time Spend”
- The Change Challenge Blog | September 2011 | http://bit.ly/pNuUE2
- “Educational Event Marketing: Approaches, Strategies, Tactics”
- DocStoc | July 2008 | http://bit.ly/pimJ7S
- “Symmetry Employee Suggestion Program”
- July 2008 | PrintFu | http://bit.ly/pA17og
Speaking, Training & Associations
Jake Aull has been in the internet marketing business since such a label existed. Drawing from his BFA in graphic design from the Savannah College of Art and Design in 1994, Jake began doing web design and branding in the late ’90s as a partner in his own creative agency. While transitioning deeper into online marketing strategies, research and search engine optimization, Jake completed an M.S. in Marketing from Georgia State University’s Robinson College of Business in 2009. There he customized his degree program and executed an independent capstone thesis project on social media marketing. In late 2010 GSU RCB asked him to write and teach its first course on Social Media Marketing, which he continues today, bringing in real-world companies and projects for students. He was an editor for Pearson-Prentice Hall’s first Social Media Marketing text book, and was the author for its accompanying instructor’s manual. He is currently writing a complete market book, WordPress SEO Success, for the same publisher, to be published as print and e-book in 2014. He has been published in interviews from sources such as the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Oz Magazine, GSU’s The Signal newspaper, renown bloggers and Atlanta Business Radio X. He has a published article in GSU’s State of Business Magazine. Jake Aull was a co-founder and chair for the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association Social Media SIG, speaking and bringing in prominent experts for Atlanta business community seminars. Jake was similarly a co-founder and instructor for The Change Challenge, an educational experience for non-profits to learn digital marketing. He has spoken in many additional associations and venues on social media marketing and search engine optimization. He is president of SCAD Alumni in Atlanta and is principal of Zen Fires Digital Marketing, providing digital marketing services to a variety of eCommerce and other clients.
PRESENTATIONS & LECTURE ENGAGEMENTS
- Moderator for an Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association Social Media SIG event at Digital Atlanta Week, Thursday 9am at Hudson Grille Midtown November 10, 2011. The event topic will be social media games and gamification creation and marketing roles. RSVP here today!
- I am on an international panel discussion on social media analytics December 8 in Atlanta. Stay tuned for details!
- I am an ongoing speaker at The Change Challenge, an annual workshop series providing hands-on digital marketing education to non-profits.
- I get many questions about the Social Media Marketing and SEO course I wrote and teach at Georgia State University. Basically, it fills up the minute it’s announced, and I get monthly requests for students to add. So I suppose theoretically the school is not opposed to learners auditing such a course, but as stated it fills up immediately.
- Panelist, “Integrating Social, Mobile and Email Marketing,” an ExactTarget Educational Event 11/1/11.
- Panelist, “AIMA Social SIG Event: Live Blog Coverage”
July 12, 2011 | EverSparkInteractive | http://bit.ly/qUZsZe
- Panelist, “Social Media and Self-Marketing”
March 2010 | Savannah College of Art and Design presentation
VideoSurf | video file | http://bit.ly/nKMMMC
- “Interviews with Jake Aull, GSU Instructor”
Aug. 03, 2011 | Atlanta Business Radio X | Podcast | http://bit.ly/qztuFi
- Panelist, “Social Media Analytics”
The Experts Bench | May 2011 | Webinar presentation | http://bit.ly/pyN2TI
- Panelist, “The trials and tribulations of managing your brand’s social presence”
AiMA Social SIG Event Presentation | SlideShare | http://slidesha.re/qT2tfI
- Many of my presentations wind up on my SlideShare account.