What Do You Know About Gamification?
A little in the dark? That word not in your daily vocab? Here are some tips:
- Gamification is brand-driven consumer actions and customer journeys in social media and mobile apps.
- Gamification is badges
- It is not the same as social media games (Farmville, Mafia Wars)
- It is not couponing (at least not Groupon one-time purchase acquisition)
- It is not MMOs (massive, multi-player online role-playing games)
- Gamification is incentivization triggers, for:
- It offers consumers Rewards (to achieve monetization)
- It is modeled on one of the most enduring aspects of social media: Engagement
- Because of its guidance and learning process properties, gamification has inherent capabilities in education.
Want more? Come to the AiMA event I planned Wednesday, August 31, 6:30 pm, and learn all about this plus social media games! We’ve got great speakers, great content and networking: atlantaima.org
– or grab a peak at the slide deck on my slideshare account
. See ya there!